Saturday, June 11, 2011

Catholic Churches -- Here I come!

So, let me begin with beautiful Churches in this area and I will give ya the facts on where I go and pray! (listed in order which I visited) I will rate my favorite later!
#1 St. Agnes in West Chester, PA >> about 10 minutes from my residence. It was built in the 1700s.!!
It has the high altars, communion rails, old-style confessionals, wooden kneelers; original wood floors, beautiful stain glass, and tall brick walls! I felt like I was back in Europe for a wee bit! The lower chapel was built in the 1970s and it’s simple but still very nice. Evening daily mass is held in the lower chapel. Then, outside in the front of the church, Our Lady of Lourdes with a beautiful St. Bernadette statue has a small area. Bernie is following me--- and that’s great! Ora Pro Nobis
#2 St. Phillip & James in Exton, PA >> about 20 minutes from my residence. It was built in 1959 and it’s not the prettiest church honestly, (still has the communion rails and beautiful statues) but they have the relics of the saints right there for veneration. The kids mass at 8:30am was very nice, they sang great contemporary music! Mass is always great but the church is more plain and simple with funky colors. J On the other hand, they are still awesome! They have Saturday morning mass at 8:30am then a novena of the Miraculous Medal and veneration of a 3rd class relic of St. Padre Pio. They pray for the sick especially those with cancer. This has occurred for the last 1 ½ years, which is awesome! They have four deacons which were very welcoming and gave us information on where to visit next >> The Shrine of Padre Pio, which I already talked about.
#3 St. Mary’s Chapel is right off the road and they have Adoration every day from 9am until 7pm. It was built in 1873 and was the original parish for the town until 1959 when St. Philip & James was built. The chapel is very precious and beautiful stone altar.

On the right-hand side a small Padre Pio statue--- I know about Pio and I have visited his city in Italy and saw his body—which was amazing! But I just don’t hear much about him around here! And then in PA – in West Chester anyways, they are all about Pio.

 Doesn't Padre Pio's face look really life-like? Check out this link to the National Centre for Padre Pio in Barto, PA http://padrepio.org/Centre/History.aspx

Three Holy Men: Joseph, Pio, and Jude

#4 SS. Simon and Jude in West Chester, PA as well! And it is the more modern architecture but has a Perpetual Adoration chapel named Sacred Heart. You will see the stain glass is all the saints with a major devotion to the Sacred Heart.


More to Come. Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment